Social media can be a real game-changer for businesses. However, today every business is on social media. Making it more difficult to stand out from competitors and grab the attention of users. That is why it is crucial to build a strong social media strategy and design eye-catching social media posts that will get people interested in your business.
This article facilitates an understanding of how to make engaging social media posts and further elaborates on the subject through examples.
Why Is Social Media Important for Businesses?
An excellent social media presence bridges the gap between your business and your targeted audience, builds brand awareness and boosts leads and sales. Social media can become a more straightforward way for your business to market products/services and connect with your clients/customers. The fact that social media channels provide tools specifically to gather momentum further strengthens the cause to make them an integral part of product/service promotion.
Social Media Marketing Strategy
A strategy in place assures consistent results and prolonged success. Follow these steps to get started.
Look at competitors’ accounts – Identifying and analyzing competitor accounts facilitates a deeper understanding of the market. Moreover, it can help you build ideas and find new opportunities that your competitors aren’t capitalizing on.
Find your target audience – Without analyzing the desires/expectations/problems of the audience, you can find it difficult addressing the “pain points” that will ensure that you market your products/services to the right consumers.
Identify goals – Maybe you desire increased web traffic or probably an expansion in the follower base. Formulating your goals and defining an associated social media strategy will increase your chances of achieving your objectives.
Choose social media channels – Ensure that you are marketing it right on social media. This can be achieved by investigating the technicalities and environment that different social media channels facilitate. If you already have social media channels do an audit. Check to make sure you have profiles filled out, images and descriptions.
Create a social media calendar – Once you start building your online presence, you’ll want to stick to consistency. Even social media platforms’ algorithms favor consistency. For that, the incorporation of a social media calendar is a must.
Brainstorm social media post ideas – Last but not least is brainstorming what to post on social media and how to make social media posts. Both of these questions have been addressed in detail in the article.
What Makes an Effective Social Media Post?
An effective social media post emerges from a definite strategy and caters to a relevant audience. In the end, it is most likely to convert or at least push the leads to reach out to your business.
Now, there are some facets that you need to address to ensure that your social media post is effective.
- Pictures – A comforting picture in the background (of your workplace environment, for example) can always do the trick. Moreover, you can add high-quality images defining your products together with innovative taglines and captions.
- Infographics – These are capable of explaining everything about your business in the most compact and engaging way which makes them a suitable candidate for your social media strategy.
- Video – A short marketing video associated with your product/service can be a win-win scenario for both the audience and your business. These are further beneficial for paid advertising in the video network.
- Website Links – The best way to bring traffic to your website via social media is by adding website links to your bio and posts. But make sure that your promotional copy is engaging.
- Hashtags – Never underestimate the power of hashtags. They’re a brilliant source to showcase what you can offer and expand your audience.
Social Media Post Ideas
Following is a list of some social media post ideas:
Blogs – Blog promotion on social media channels is a great way to get customers engaged and to prove your an expert in the field. Also keep your promotional copy as innovative as possible so that your audience is coerced to press the link.
Repurposing the existing content – Repurposing is usually underrated, but, as it stands, it’s the go-to method for being consistent on social media. For instance, you can repurpose your blog post into a visually appealing Instagram post or a short and witty tweet.
Polls and Contests – One of the most credible ways to facilitate audience engagement is to conduct polls. People love to share their feelings and opinions.
News and Stats – Starting off with a striking stat or news is one of the most conspicuous ways to drive engagement. Use news or stats as a way to start a conversation with your audience such as asking them a question.
Testimonials – If you want your targeted audience to trust you, help them build that trust via testimonials. They’re a great way to showcase your business’ competence in working through the projects. Besides, they can be easily embedded into social media posts as quotes.
What is Canva?
Now, it is time to design amazing social media posts. And if there’s one tool that can get you going without any prior designing experience—it’s Canva. Canva is “a web-based graphic-design tool offering a drag-and-drop interface that provides access to hundreds of design layouts for creating presentations, social media graphics, posters, flyers, invitations and more.”
Canva facilitates the seamless development of diverse content, which can be shared on different social media channels. To cut a long story short, it solves the ever-looming problem of how to make social media posts.
Canva features include:
- Templates that are the exact size you need for every social media channel. This way you don’t have to memorize the resolution & size format for each social media. Canva provides it.
- “Create a Team” feature allows you to invite your team to Canva so they can create and share designs with you and each other.
- “Brand Kit” element lets you make a brand color palette and upload your logos and fonts. This way you can easily add your brand colors, fonts and/or logo to all social media posts. Therefore, no need to memorize your company HEX colors or have to take time to find the right logo or font.
- Stock library with over a million photographs, illustrations, graphics, fonts, and more to add to their designs.
- Preset photo filters and advanced photo editing tools that enable users to add text, stickers, borders, frames and more.
- Upload your own photos, vectors and illustrations into the drag-and-drop interface.
- Vast selection of fonts and suggests multiple font combinations that best match a selected typeface.
These features further strengthen its stance as an exceptional tool for businesses to rely on for content generation.
How To Use Canva?
The best thing about Canva is the ease with which an individual (designer or not) can operate it. Here are a few steps that you can follow for making social media posts on Canva that can help enhance your brand’s reputation.
Choose from a comprehensive templates’ library
Here comprehensive accounts for “literally everything.” First off, the library is segregated into categories—Social Media is one of them. Second, under all these categories, visuals for different channels and purposes are listed. As soon as you click through one of the preferred visuals, you’ll receive hundreds of design recommendations for the same. These recommendations happen to be pre-designed templates that you can use for your social media strategy.
Start off with the designing process
To provide you with a seamless experience, Canva integrates its comprehensive library with the design canvas in the most profound way. From built-in photo library and design templates to millions of graphics and backgrounds, you get it all within this tool. Plus, you are free to arrange shapes, fonts, and add as many elements to your visual as you feel necessary.
Tone your post and make it more appealing
Before getting it out in public, it is essential that you ensure that your post complies with your interests and looks beautifully toned. Moreover, a familiar tone can up your game when it comes to creating a common theme for your business. That way, your audience recognizes your presence. A viable approach is to head over to the filter/effects/adjustment section and add/adjust effects to your post.
Share it online
Once you are done with the designing process, it’s time that you show the world what you’re up to. You can download the image or send it out directly from Canva by heading over to the download section on the top right-hand corner.
SunCity Advising Social Media Management Services
From building brand pages to creating engaging posts, our San Diego social management team ensures that your branding game is always soaring high. Reach out to us for your social media requirements, and we’ll take care of the rest.