Businesses often overlook YouTube as a social media outlet. Marketing 101 covers FaceBook, Twitter and other social media channels but YouTube accounts for a huge amount of online traffic and an untapped marketing channel. Here we will show you how to create a YouTube channel for your business.
How to Create a YouTube Channel: Step-by-step
- Sign into Youtube (requires a Gmail account)
- Click on your profile icon top right and in the drop down menu click “My Channel”
- A small window will pop up with “Use YouTube As.” It will have your name as default but choose “Use a business or other name.” This way you start a branding channel for your business.
- Click “Create Channel.”
5. This will create basic YouTube Channel with your name, profile icon, and upload space. Click on “Customize Channel” and add a banner at the top and icon photo.
YouTube Channel Video Ideas
The biggest reason businesses do not setup a YouTube channel is because of the time commitment to creating and editing quality videos. The best way to start is with simple instructional or FAQ videos about your business. Other easy but effective video ideas for your YouTube Channel include:
- Introducing your business
- video tutorials on your products
- Comparing your services or products to others
- Announcements on new products or services
- Testimonials from customers
- Introducing team members
These videos will be the starting point for your YouTube channel in order to be noticed by potential clients and inform viewers about your products and services.
Tip: Do not forget SEO (search engine optimization) for your videos. When uploading you will need to fill out a title, description, and tags. Make sure to fill out the information with relevant keywords and a captivating description. It is essential to get your video found online.
Advanced YouTube Resources
VidIQ is a service that helps you optimize your YouTube videos in terms of generating views, and appealing to YouTube’s SEO preferences, in order to reach the largest audience possible. It’s simple! While your video is uploading on YouTube, take some time to make sure all your SEO boxes are checked. VidIQ’s scorecard and checklist work in real time, so you will know when each task has been completed. Here is the checklist with descriptions of each attribute.
The VidIQ Checklist
- At least 1 card
- These keep viewers watching your content.
- At least 1 end screen
- Promote your other videos when the current video ends with clickable link.
- Closed captions (manual)
- YouTube likes subtitles. They help YouTube index your content through keywords.
- Monetization enabled
- This is vital if a YouTube income stream is important to you.
- Added to a playlist
- People watch for longer periods of time in playlists, and they are pushed to more of your content.
- Shared on Facebook and Twitter
- Social media sharing increases your potential audience.
- Replied to a recent comment
- Timely engagement is important.
Additional VidIQ YouTube Suggestions:
- Keep title between 20 and 60 characters so it will not be cut off in browsing mode.
- Tags categorize your content. Include at least 200 characters worth of tags.
- Include at least 300 characters in your description.
- Make your video public—simple.
- Pin your comments or your viewer’s comments to place them at the top of the video. This increases engagement.
- Heart comments for increased engagement and to build viewer loyalty.
VidIQ frequently offers free 30-day trials of their YouTube SEO service. After that, it is a mere $50 per month—if you are looking to generate an income through monetization, this service is a wise investment.
We provide every client with a hands-on account manager that takes ownership in, and is held accountable for, the successful results of your growth strategy!
The SunCity marketing team is much more than an SEO company — reach out to see why our clients trusts our firm with all of their tough digital marketing decisions.